The Howard de Walden Estate - Weymouth Street
ME Construction successfully completed the Construction of 4 New Apartments and Passenger Lifts as part of a 5th Floor Roof Extension at 9-11a Weymouth Street, London.
Throughout the work this Grade II Listed Residential Property building remained Fully Occupied.
The existing building remained largely untouched, with a lightweight steel frame single storey extension added at roof level. The proposed works will include the erection of an additional floor which will provide space for four apartments. This new steel frame with timber floor and roof, was connected directly into the existing steel structure below.
The works included the erection of an additional floor to provide space for four apartments. The works also included the extension of the main staircase of 60a Portland Place and No. 9 Weymouth Street to include the extension of the lift to serve the new floors.
9 Weymouth Street:
- Erection of access scaffold and gantry (to include temporary lift for sole use of the tenants)
- Removal of M&E and replacement with new services at roof level
- Erection of structure to support addition floor
- Architectural and M&E fitout of new mansard
- Provision of rooflights/glazing and means of escape
- External planned maintenance works
- Extension of staircase
- Replacement of lift
- Erection of new plant rooms and enclosures to facilitate existing and new plant.
- Inclusion of sun-pipes to existing rooflights located on the roof
- Provision of external staircase for contractor thus avoiding use of common parts
- Provision of temporary lift to ensure tenants can provide access to their flats via a lift which will be
accessed internally off of the main entrance hallway fire escape stair.
11a Weymouth Street:
- Erection of structure to support additional floor
- Internal Architectural and M&E fit out to new mansard
- Provision of rooflights and glazing and means of escape
- Repairs and renovations to external brick work envelope
The Howard de Walden Estate
Trident Building Consultancy Ltd